Eternal Storms Software recently released Yoink 3, an upgrade to their incredibly useful drag and drop utility.
Yoink 3 makes drag and drop of files and app content between windows, (fullscreen) apps and Spaces easier by providing a “shelf” where file drags can be temporarily placed—allowing the mouse to be free to move and navigate to the destination of the drag. This is especially helpful when it comes to windows in different spaces, apps or fullscreen windows. You can view the demo video on the Eternal Storms website to give you a better idea of what it does, but I assure you that if you use OS X’s Full Screen feature, it’s almost a must have!
Yoink 3 Features
- Yoink’s window can now be resized or automatically adjusted in height based on the number of files in it
- Quickly view files in a file-stack in Yoink by right-clicking onto it
- A fresh, new look that fits in perfectly with Yosemite
- A new, hand-crafted App-Icon and interface elements throughout the app
- Improvements and bug fixes, like better QuickLook Previews, cleaned-up preferences and better localization of filenames and paths
Yoink 3 is available on the Mac App Store for $4.99. If you’re already a Yoink user, the upgrade is free! Yoink is designed for and requires OS X Lion or newer – OS X Yosemite is recommended.
I absolutely love this little utility, it’s one of the few I’ve come across that has had staying power on my Macs.