I quickly grew tired of reading about Steve Jobs retiring last week. Practically every tech-blog filled their front page with article after article covering it. There were a few that I found interesting, one of which is The Steve Jobs Formula and Why It Works, by Scott Fulton at ReadWriteWeb.
The article covers six key things that we can look to Apple, and Steve Jobs, for examples of how and why it works.
- Make it all one platform
- Make your mission a cause
- Make them look into your eyes
- Fight to the death, every time, all the time
- Surround yourself with smarter people, then own them like your children
- Let the world see you fall, then rise again
While the article is focused on Steve Jobs and what he’s done at Apple, when you read it you can see that it’s really a formula for successful business in general.
Of course, you’ll have the opportunity to read more about Steve Jobs, including more about his resignation this past week, in November when Steve Jobs (the biography) by Walter Isaacson is released.