While I was searching for images for a project, I came across Photos Public Domain, which offers images of various quality with a decent range of subject matter. The site doesn’t have thousands upon thousands of images, but there are quite a few gems. The best part is they are, as the name implies, public domain, and free for commercial use. Donations are accepted of course, but not necessary. I particularly liked the holiday collection.
Rotatable Technologies is suing Apple, Netflix, Target, EA, Whole Foods, and more for infringing on a 1999 patent covering windows that rotate. Yeah, I said “windows that rotate.” Apparently the Texas-based company believes these companies won’t find prior art on turning something on its side.
Read more here, if you can stand the stupidity.
Extensis has unveiled groundbreaking changes to their leading web font service, WebINK. If you are a seasoned web developer or just getting started in the fast-paced world of web design, it’s time to check out WebINK.
WebINK brings fonts to your website design, quickly, easily and affordably. You just select your fonts, drop the provided CSS into your site code and publish. It really is that simple.
- WebINK plans start at $20 per year
- Access to the entire WebINK font catalog of 4200+ web fonts
- Unlimited web sites
- FREE live site prototyping
- Unlimited fonts per site
- No repeat visitor penalties – plans based on unique visitors, not page views
- Easily transfer complete projects to clients
I use WebINK to power the fonts used here at The Graphic Mac. I can tell you that it truly is as simple as Extensis claims. (more…)
Monotype Imaging has launched the public beta version of its re-furbished fonts.com Web site, with several new features.
Visit the new Fonts.com site and check out the new features, including:
- The first site (and only) site to offer typefaces both through a Web font service and as desktop fonts
- A new home page billboard area featuring inspirational typographic images, including the Massif typeface, a newly expanded design by Monotype’s Steve Matteson
- Integrated search and browse control allows users to perform keyword searches, or browse or identify fonts without leaving the home page
- Enhanced search tools
If you’d like to suggest new features or offer feedback on the site, feel free to click the ‘Feedback’ button found on every page of the new Fonts.com site.