I love keyboard shortcuts! In fact, I use them so often that I actually don’t know where some of the options exist in menus, I just know the shortcut to get them. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite Adobe Photoshop keyboard shortcuts that I use when working with selections.
- ⌘ D = drop current selection
- Shift + Drag = add to current selection
- Option + Drag = deselect specific area
- ⌘ + Shift + D = reselect last selection
- Option + Delete = fill selection with foreground color
- ⌘ + Delete = fill selection with background color
- Option + Click (with Lasso tool) = create selection with straight lines
- ⌘ + Shift + i = inverse entire selection
- Space bar (while drawing a selection with the marquee tool) = allows you to move your selection while you’re still drawing it. Let go of space bar when you’re done moving the selection and want to continue dragging it out.