Those are some hefty numbers for a Photoshop document. Bert Monroy has made his previous 15,000 layer Photoshop file that took 11 months to create pale in comparison.
Bert’s latest digital painting, titled Times Square, is a 300×60 inch, 6.5 GB flattened Photoshop file features Adobe Photoshop founders John and Thomas Knoll standing in the main foreground, surrounded by digital imaging experts such as Russell Brown and Jeff Schewe.
Here are a few more stats of the image:
- The image size is 60 inches by 300 inches.
- The flattened file weighs in at 6.52 Gigabytes.
- It took four years to create.
- The painting is comprised of almost 3,000 individual Photoshop and Illustrator files.
- Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 500,000 layers.
The Photoshop file on the site can be zoomed using Photoshop’s Zoomify tool, which allows you a close-up view of all the details in the image, and they are amazing!